Skillful Meanz is pleased to be sponsoring a weekend of integrating Mindfulness Meditation and Yoga. The program will be led by Chris Crotty, guiding teacher for the Against the Stream sangha in Boston. It will be held at Hot on Bank yoga studio in New London, CT.
Hatha-Dharma Teacher Training and Student Immersion
Mindfulness & Buddhist Foundations of yoga
Option to do Sunday only, 9– 12:30, for a half day retreat experience.
The yoga is gentle and not heated. All levels welcome. No meditation experience required.
Hot on Bank
153 Bank Street
New London, CT
Who this Program is for:
Yoga teachers and yoga therapists from all traditions (Eligible for 30 Yoga Alliance CEU’s).
Yoga students seeking a deeper integration of Hatha yoga and Buddhist/Mindfulness Meditation practice.
Registration: click on register button below
Scholarships and discounts available. Please email email@example.com for information. We want this training to be available to all who want to take it.
Yoga and Buddhism share the same aim – the liberation of body, mind, and heart. Postures and breath practice support the body and mind for meditation, and mindfulness enables a more intentional, awareness-based yoga. In this training you will learn the foundations of Mindfulness Yoga and begin guiding an emerging yoga culture that embodies the heart of what it means to practice and live fully.
Yoga students who are not teachers may take this program as an immersive study in the integration of mindfulness, Buddhist teachings, and Hatha yoga.
Learning Outcomes: You will be able to:
- Integrate meditation into your yoga classes using the 4 Foundations of Mindfulness. The 4 Foundations offer a simple way to help students directly experience how body, mind, and feelings condition each other – this insight naturally deepens our yoga practice and is a source of greater freedom and happiness in daily life.
- Develop your ability to teach yoga as a path of meditative-awareness addressing: a) the alleviation of stress & suffering; b) the cultivation of wisdom.
- Effectively empower your students as the source of their own insight through self-reflective language cues and mindfulness-based teaching frameworks.
- Accomodate a wide range of students, from beginners, those with health challenges, and experienced practitioners.
- Begin or refine your own meditation practice and embody greater presence and ease in your teaching./li>
Certification and Yoga Alliance Continuing Education: Participants will receive a Certificate
of Completion and 25 hours of eligible YA CEU’s.
Many scholarships and discounts available. For information or if you have any questions please email Kristin at firstname.lastname@example.org